My Dad called tonight. He is great, he will call with the only thing on his agenda is to ask me how I am and most importantly what my kids are up to. I shared with him a few top stories for the day. Of course he laughs and says that is so cute. Those kids are so cute. Who can argue with that? But guess what he said at the end of our conversation? He said the words, that I thought came from my mom but tonight I found out they come from my dad too "Honey, you should really write that down, before you are too old like me and can't remember these things anymore." So that sealed the deal. I took it as my final sign.
The top stories of the day.
Jer was leaving out of town today and will not be back in town until after thanksgiving due to family events, re-grand openings, and black Friday! (Yes, don't we all need a little black.) I had a list of things that I wanted done before he left. One was the Christmas lights up. He started this morning after early morning flags. He was one strand short, so I said I would run to Costco and pick up one more, I of course took advantage of the fact that AJ was napping and the Boys were at preschool and I slipped in several other errands. So, he literally was putting up the last strand and then put his ladder away got in the car and headed to Idaho before he was really late. 3 hours later, All the hard work paid off as we were pulling out of the driveway to gymnastics and the lights were on, Clarissa says " Wow" with all the amazement in the world "What a great Dad!"
The other thing on my list to do before Jer left was to put together a two drawer night stand that I bought for Ryker and Gavin. I actually do all the putting together around here, but I can never do it without my assistant. He has the big muscles. So we got it together last night and Jer moved it down while the boys were at school. When I showed the dresser to Gavin, I began to tell him the rules of his new furniture. No jumping off it, and only open one drawer at a time so it doesn't tip over. Then I said You have a drawer and Ryker has a drawer to put whatever you want in it. Gavin then begins to cry. It was so weird to me. I'm sitting there trying to figure out what is going on. Is telling him to not jump off the furniture that harsh? Clarissa is watching all of this and explains to me, "Mom, it is a happy cry." He then looks up at me half smiling with big tears running down his face. I didn't know 4 year old's had happy cries. I guess as a twin the kid has never had his own drawer before. I guess it is the little things in life that make us happy.
I'm not sure where Ryker was during all of this, but he caught on fast to his own drawer. Tonight his was so full of stuff you couldn't even open it.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sara--I am so excited you finally have a blog! Now I am going to have to get mine going again...if we can just get Lindsey on the bandwagon...
I loved seeing updated pictures of your cute family--I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are little Sara and Jeremys!
Love ya,
Em
I love hearing you tell stories and putting every day life into your fun, slightly sarcastic way. It always make me laugh. So, lucky for me you type your stories up as good as you tell them! I kept chuckling about the dresser story. That is so funny--I didn't know such little kids could have happy tears either.
O.k. so you look up my blog but didn't tell me you had one. What a brat! Chelsey left me a comment on my blog so I tracked you down. I am so excited. This will be way fun keeping track of you guys. Yes it was a quick trip home and didn't get the chance to reconnect. Hopefully at the Christmas Party. It was good to see everyone though. It has been awhile. Thanks for letting Clarissa stay with Hannah. They had a great time and giggled themselves to sleep or giggled me to sleep I am not sure which. We love you guys. Have a good day. Love, Jodie
It's funny how great blogs are for keeping in touch. Although I see you often how often is it that we actually get to talk. And then when we do, it's usually not a conversation of much substance, kid stuff. I loved reading what you've written down so far! Here's to keeping in better touch! Watch for my blog invite.
Okay Sara, I just found out about your blog and I am already bored with it. It's time to update!
It is your 10 year Anniversary today,and no post. I thought I would wish you a Happy Anniversary anyway! I hope you guys did something fun while your parents were in town.
You know Sara, you "should write that down a lot more"... i am a little disappointed in your blogging status...
Post a Comment